Monday, July 28, 2014

Sport Brain Concussion - Is Skiing Safe?

Sport Concussion While Skiing

I wanted to assure my daughter and myself that I was still young enough to participate in extreme sports. Though it had been 40 years since ski club in high school, I longed for the feeling of cold wind in my hair.

I had a need for speed!


We started skiing the gentle slopes marveling at the beauty of nature!

Rachel wanted to go to the expert slope, but I begged off and told her I would meet her in the lodge.
Actually I was headed to the ski jump.

The sun was setting, and I only had a chance for one run. My form was perfect, my skies were parallel
and I felt empowered and surprised how my muscle memory came back. . . .

The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat . . . I sneezed.
My landing was less that graceful as I crashed and tumbled down the mountain, breaking my knee and hitting my head.

As Clint Eastwood says " I mans go to know his limitations".



No comments:

Post a Comment